Saturday, December 17, 2011

today i am thirty



Today I wave goodbye to the roaring 20s and say hello to a new era . . . sort of. I guess I have always felt like I am about 37 years old. I don't know why. Maybe because my 20s weren't all that roaring, and I really didn't mind. I like to spend my evenings at home and sit on the sofa, reading or watching something mindless on the TV. When I go out, it's usually for dinner and a glass of wine and I'm often home and in bed by ten or eleven. Or perhaps I'll go out for brunch or coffee or a walk around the neighborhood or a drive through the countryside. I prefer sunrises to sunsets and new days to late nights. Now, I frequently sleep in these days but that's because the sun is blocked from our bedroom. If the sun were shining in I would be ready to go. I think I was a farmer in my former life.

Although I am not a fan of the gray hairs that keep popping up and the little wrinkle growing in my forehead, I'm excited to leave that unsettled decade behind. It's filled with so much uncertainty and fear. And though I still don't know where my life will take me, I know that if I fall I can get back up again. When I fail, it's not the end of the world. And when I have those moments when I feel so alone, deep down I know that my family, my friends, and my wonderful husband will always be there for me. I'm pretty darn lucky.

Time to begin the happiest and healthiest decade of my life . . . until 40 comes along. :)






No comments:

Post a Comment